RULES OF PLAY
The content of this Mobile Application and Website, as well as the underlying concepts, forms of expression, and all related code are the exclusive property of GroupQueue LLC ("GroupQueue"). All Rights Reserved.
Updated: September 1, 2017
RULES OF PLAY
GROUPQUEUE™ SWEEPSTAKES & TOP FAN CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES OF PLAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in any trivia challenges or GroupQueue Sweepstakes in the capacity of a Host or a Member, you agree to these Official Rules of Play, which are a contract, so read them carefully before participating. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities from you to the GroupQueue LLC, its agents, and assigns and outlines limitations of your rights and remedies.
Active Sessions are created by a Host from time to time, in the sole discretion of the Host. You must follow the directions provided by GroupQueue and otherwise be bound by and follow these Official Rules of Play to be eligible to participate in any GroupQueue Sweepstakes in connection with any Host’s Active Session.
GroupQueue is a gamified Sweepstakes platform that aims to provide content creators and their fans a fun and engaging venue to interact through trivia queries and challenges. A registered GroupQueue Host user is defined as an individual or content creator who registers with GroupQueue to use our Services for the purpose of creating trivia queries and challenges to send to a General Queue comprised of their fans (“Member Community”). A registered GroupQueue Member user is defined as an individual who downloads the App and creates an Account to participate in a Host’s trivia queries and challenges and GroupQueue Sweepstakes. You must follow the directions provided by GroupQueue, and follow the Official Rules of Play to create, send, or participate in any GroupQueue Services. The GroupQueue Sweepstakes & Top Fan Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, territory and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
As a Member, users sign up by creating a GroupQueue Account on a mobile device. This is done by downloading the mobile App via a phone or tablet with communication signal access. You must sign up for an Account with us using your real name and email address. To be a Host, you must fill out our Host Request form that can be found on our Site at www.groupqueue.com. If the information provided is false or inaccurate for either party, we have the right to ban you from receiving any of our Services. Subject to the Terms and Conditions, you may use any user screen name or nickname (“User ID”) you choose in your user profile as long as the name is available. You may provide a lawfully owned photo or other image for your GroupQueue user profile at your option. Please refer to the GROUPQUEUE Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement relative to the intellectual property associated with any names or photos.
Once registered, a Host will initiate what is termed an Active Session. Initiating an Active session entails a Host creating and sending of a number of trivia queries and/or challenges to their Member Community. Members will compete against each other by responding to the trivia queries and/or challenges in attempt to build their total number of points. Each point equals one Fan Queue entry. The total number of Fan Queue entries each Member accumulates at the end of an Active Session will determine the Host’s Top Fan. The Top Fan will electronically receive a digital “Top Fan” award image added to their “My Awards” menu option. All Members in the Fan Queue will then go on to participate in the GroupQueue Sweepstakes. Each entrant will enter the Sweepstakes with a total number of entries equal to one (1) at the time of the drawing. The use of a random number program will select a winner from the total number of eligible entrants. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entrants and the outcome is by luck of draw.
GROUPQUEUE FAN QUEUE ENTRY: Daily Free Play Terms and Conditions
GroupQueue offers all users a chance to enter their favorite Host’s Fan Queue, and a chance to participate in the GroupQueue Sweepstakes. Users can increase their odds of entering the Fan Queue when they take advantage of their Daily Free Play (or) purchase from Three (3) guess options available in the store.
Official Fan Queue Entry Rules & GroupQueue Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
- How to Enter: Go to the GroupQueue App and follow these steps:
- Log in or create a GroupQueue profile on Android and iOS mobile applications
- Play Daily Free Play (each correct answer is One (1) Fan Queue entry BUT will NOT receive points); and/or
- Choose from Three (3) guess options available in the store and earn extra points when you guess correctly on challenges using paid play; and/or
- Redeem earned points to gain Fan Queue entry by;
- Entry derived from “Crash the Queue” point redemption that will deduct Fifty (50) points from a Member’s tally in exchange for Ten (10) Fan Queue entries
- No points are otherwise removed from a Host’s or Member’s point tally, unless they are fraudulently earned
- All entrants’ total entries will equal One (1) at the time of the drawing and remain so after until they are earned through Daily Free Play or optional paid play. Points will remain unaffected prior to and after the drawing.
- Eligibility: GroupQueue Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date the Sweepstakes begins. Employees of GroupQueue LLC (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of GroupQueue LLC as final and binding as it relates to Fan Queue Entry and GroupQueue Sweepstakes.
- Prize Drawing: Users agree to be bound by the Official Fan Queue Entry Rules. Initiation of an Active Session is entirely at the convenience of the Host. At the close of an Active Session, the Sponsor (GroupQueue) will select a potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entrants. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entrants. The Sponsor will notify the potential winner via email on same day of drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within Five (5) days after the date of the first contact attempt, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entrants.
- Winner Notification: The potential winner will be notified by email. Each potential prize winner will be required to reply to the “Winner Notification” email within Five (5) days of the date email is sent in order to claim prize. If a potential winner does not reply within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all Official Fan Queue Entry Rules & GroupQueue Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Physical prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes: The lucky randomly generated Sweepstakes winner will electronically receive a digital “Winner” trophy image that will appear in “My Awards” in the Member’s pull down menu, and a Special Edition GroupQueue Tee Shirt. The notification email will instruct the winner how to request a specific size and color.The prize has no value, and/or the actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. The awarding of the prize is transferable, pursuant to the official rules and terms and conditions of Sponsor, and at Sponsor’s discretion. GroupQueue will not be responsible for any claims, promises, or delivery of any outside prize(s) not mentioned herein. We will not be responsible for any outside prize(s) or prize-related aspects or expenses.
- Point Process: GroupQueue LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of all aspects relating to points earned by users, and to void points for any reason, including, but not limited to; abnormal point accumulation; or any unauthorized or technical means for manipulating a true and accurate point tally. Any attempt by a user to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the point earning process may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering you understand that GroupQueue LLC, anyone acting on behalf of GroupQueue LLC, or its respective successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, your GroupQueue account, the entry and each winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- General Terms: GroupQueue LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, GroupQueue LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
GroupQueue LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; abnormal Daily Free Play entries in a single 24 hour period from the same GroupQueue account; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website, servers, code, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, GroupQueue LLC reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sweepstakes Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless GroupQueue LLC and its affiliates, representatives, and employees from any liability, injury, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse in connection with any outside prize(s) or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to software; and/or (iii) electronic or human error that may occur in the process of generating winners or processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nevada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Judgment is Final: The judge of this Sweepstakes is the Sponsor, and all judgments rendered by the judge with respect to this Sweepstakes are final.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, e-mail your request to email@example.com
- Sponsor: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is the GroupQueue LLC
After creating an account, a GroupQueue user is awarded one Daily Free Play per 24 hours. Daily Free Play must be played on the day granted, or else it is forfeited. A Daily Free Play may not be accumulated, transferred, shared or exchanged for value. In other words, GroupQueue users receive one Daily Free Play per 24 hour period. After you use your Daily Free Play another will be available after 24 hours. If you don't use your Daily Free Play one day, the Daily Free Play will not be available if you Sign In the day after. Daily Free Play Question Cards (“Q-Cards”) appear in a user’s Game Screen at about 00:15 Mountain time.
Members can also choose to purchase from Three (3) guess options available in the store. Bronze guesses allow Members to enter One (1) guess in a single guess box on any Host’s challenge. Silver guesses allow the Member to enter Two (2) guesses by entering an initial guess in a first guess box, and a backup guess in a second guess box. Gold guesses allow the Member to enter Three (3) guesses by entering an initial guess in a first guess box, a first backup guess in a second guess box, and a second backup guess in a third guess box.
If a Member uses a Bronze guess and guesses incorrectly, they will receive One (1) point and Zero (0) Fan Queue entries. If a Member uses a Bronze guess and guesses correctly, they will receive Six (6) points and One (1) Fan Queue entry. If a Member uses a Silver guess and guesses incorrectly with both guesses, they will receive Two (2) points and Zero (0) Fan Queue entries. If a Member uses a Silver guess and guesses correctly with only one guess, they will receive Seven (7) points and One (1) Fan Queue entry. If a Member uses a Silver guess and guesses correctly with both guesses, they will receive Twelve (12) points and Two (2) Fan Queue entries. If a Member uses a Gold guess and guesses incorrectly with all three guesses, they will receive Three (3) points and Zero (0) Fan Queue entries. If a Member uses a Gold guess and guesses correctly with one guess, they will receive Eight (8) points and One (1) Fan Queue entry. If a Member uses a Gold guess and guesses correctly with two guesses, they will receive Thirteen (13) points and Two (2) Fan Queue entries. If a Member uses a Gold guess and guesses correctly with all three guesses, they will receive Eighteen (18) points and Three (3) Fan Queue entries.
Users who play using purchased guesses accumulate points submitting guesses whether correct or incorrect. Users who play using Daily Free Play may submit guesses but will not earn points. When a Member reaches 50 points he/she can choose to redeem those points for Ten (10) Fan Queue entries (at any time) into Host’s Fan Queue. This is termed “Crashing the Queue” and may be executed when a Member has sufficient points. If a Member has Zero (0) entries they will gain Ten (10) entries. If the Member already has entries, Ten (10) additional entries will be added to their existing entries, and 50 points will be deducted from their tally. A Host receives One (1) point for each guess submitted by a Member in response to their challenge(s).
During an Active Session, challenges become available as soon as they are sent by the Host and remain so for (either/or), 1) a Four (4) hour time period; 2) the limit of Members allowed to respond is reached; 3) the Host enters a pending answer(s) for any unanswered challenge(s). For simplicity, these criteria will be referred to as: “(either/or), 1); 2) ; 3) (whichever comes first)”.
When a Host ends an Active Session prematurely, a popup message appears indicating when there are challenges that meet criteria described in (either/or), 1); 2); 3) (whichever comes first). These challenges are collectively termed “PENDING” and the Host can choose to (either/or), 1) return to the PENDING list and answer any unanswered challenge(s); 2) allow the remaining time needed for PENDING challenges to complete; 3) allow the set limit of Members allowed to be reached; 4) end the Active Session prematurely.
When Members submit guesses they are initially awarded points at the time of the submission. When the pending criteria to satisfy (either/or), 1); 2); 3) (whichever comes first) is satisfied, Members with correct guesses will gain Fan Queue entry(s) and receive any remaining points depending on the guess level (Bronze/Silver/Gold) used. However, any guess(s) submitted by a Member(s) in response to a challenge(s) left unanswered in PENDING by a Host will remain in PENDING status until an answer(s) is/are entered. This means, those guesses will NOT be included in a search to compare an answer(s) to guesses and promote Members to the Fan Queue. Also, the Member(s) will not gain the remaining points until the Host enters the answer(s). Members can check “MY FAN QUEUE ENTRIES” in the pull down menu to view entries from past “PENDING” unanswered challenges at any time.
Challenges are created by a Host entering a title, a question, and an image on a Q-Card. Hosts may set limits on the number of Members allowed to respond per individual challenge and, has the option to decide when to enter an answer. Hosts may strategize as needed as long as they follow the GroupQueue Terms and Conditions. Entering content in the question field other than a question, leaving the answer field blank, and uploading an image must be done in accordance to our Terms and Conditions. When an Active Session ends, all FULLFILLED and PENDING challenges (with the exception of unanswered PENDING challenges) will clear. The Top Fan will be selected based on number of entries prior to the GroupQueue Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entrants will enter with a total number of entries equal to One (1) at the time of the drawing. Entries will remain at One (1) after the drawing as entrants are returned to the General Queue.
UTILIZATION OF WIRELESS DEVICES IS ENTIRELY AT THE RISK OF USERS. WIRELESS COMMUNICATION MAY CAUSE INTERRUPTION IN COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEVICES AND SERVERS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN ANY DEVICES WITH OUR SERVER. GROUPQUEUE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAY OR INCONSISTENCY IN POINTS OR FAN QUEUE INELIGIBILITY AS A RESULT OF DELAY OR FAILURE OF PENDING CRITERIA BEING ENTERED BY A HOST.